Sunday, June 28, 2020

Pancham's never-before-heard song, a tribute by Kavita Krishnamurthy on his Birthday, a must listen!



A rendition of Kuch Na Kaho for Pancham-da's birth anniversary along with other anecdotes, published yesterday in Times of India. 


"Back in 1992, I had recorded a version of Kuch Na Kaho for the film 1942: A Love Story in front of Vidhu Vinod Chopra, because Pancham da was particular that the antarā of the song was sung by a female singer. But later, Vidhu said, “ Dada, this won’t work out; I cannot make another track.” That unrecorded bit of the song, however, stayed with me. Recently, I reached out to Javed Akhtar saab for those lyrics and he sent those to me. So, this year, on Pancham da’s birth anniversary, I am singing that song again for him, as a tribute."

Full article is here with Kavita-ji's video rendition

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/music/news/kavita-krishnamurti-sings-an-unheard-rendition-of-kuch-na-kaho-as-a-tribute-to-rd-burman/articleshow/76648227.cms

No comments:

Post a Comment