Monday, March 24, 2008

Jose Flores mail - I

Here are two notes written to Vinay Jain of the Pancham group. The comments from Jose Flores, lyricist for Pantera, English album composed by Pancham-da

Dear Vinay:

Thank you for your invitation. Puncham and I were very close and we had a great time working together. I learned a great deal about life and not just music. I have a few stories but don't know where to start.

Puncham was the funniest person I had ever met and he made me laugh all the time.

On the same day he arrived in San Francisco, Puncham gave me a gift of some traditional clothes, (silks) that he had brought with him (a Kurta and a Loongi) and some sandles.

Later on that evening we were at his suite at the hotel with our producer Pete Gavankar and
the producer suggested I try on the silks. Puncham was hungry and had changed from travel clothing to the same kind of clothing (Loongi and Kurta) By then I had tried on the silks and thought they were really cool...SInce He also had the same clothes and felt comfortable he said well lets go eat... I said dressed like this and Puncham said yes... lets go just like this...so we put on some sandles and while still dressed in the silks went out on the town to the most exclusive, expensive and fanciest seafood restaurant in San Francisco where we told the Tuxedo wearing staff that Puncham was the crown prince of Bombay... we got the best service I have ever had ....and they referred to him as your Royal Highness during the whole meal...and you know what he really was a prince so it was fun... he really impressed everyone including the owner who personally came to ask for his autograph... We laughed about that dinner every chance we got whan we talked about it.

Later on a few years ago, Asha came to San Francisco and we had lunch at the same place... we sat at he same table and remembered Puncham fondly...

I really miss the guy...

Thanks

keep in touch

Jose Flores




No comments:

Post a Comment